Thursday 11 July 2013

MMU Originals Products

For this project I will have to tailor my existing practice to a more specific market, matching that of the MMU Originals shop in order for it to be a viable idea.

Having looked at the MMU Originals online shop I can pick out an existing aesthetic that crosses the whole catalogue. I would describe this aesthetic as: modern, solid, bold but subtly muted colours. It also seems to have an emphasis on 3D design, including metalwork and jewellery design
.


I can also see that there is no existing music related products so I feel that I can continue with my compilation idea.  To fit with the aesthetic of the shop I will ensure that the design of the cover, innersleevs and notes is bold and modern, possibly experimenting with collage or graphics instead of my usual scribbly style of illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment