Saturday 27 July 2013

Compilation Ideas and Development

From researching notable musical alumni, I found a few bands / musicians I could use in the project. These included John McGeoch (influential lead guitarist of Magazine, Siouxsie & the Banshees, PiL), Three Johns, Gruff Rhys (of Super Furry Animals), Linder Sterling / Ludus, John Mayall, Peter Saville (graphic designer, co-founder of Factory Records), and Mick Hucknall!


Peter Saville

John McGeoch


I am also considering producing a compilation of music which reminds me of certain areas of the Art School, eg. a track that reminds me of the Holden Gallery, a track that reminds me of the printing workshops. Acompanying this I would produce a short piece of writing explaining my choices. I could also ask for input from other current students

I could have a song based on the excitement around putting up an exhibition, frustration of trying to find a spare printing press,

could produce a booklet with a map of the art school with a key showing where each track is linked to and a short paragraph about the song and why it was chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment